Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back Again…


I am sitting here at my local hospital, a place that my illness brought me to in May of 2007 with the hope that the treatment would make me better again. It did, I felt like myself again! I was healed thanks to modern medicine… it only lasted a week. Thus my neurologist who admitted me proclaimed he wasn’t sure about my case, so he referred me to another neurologist who he thought would surly be able to diagnose my illness.
It is now 2009 and another brain MRI looms in front of me. I find myself sitting once again in this very familiar waiting room, the woman behind the registration desk recognizing my face the moment I step into her cubicle as the woman that has been here xxxxx many times for lab work. Yes, it’s me back again! And the registration process never seems to go as smoothly as both of us would like it to. So what is it this time? Your neurologist forgot to sign the script, we will try to get a hold of him so he can fax over another one, if not you will need to come back.
As I sat there waiting to find out whether or not I would be back again, I found myself starring out the window. The sky was wintry and gray it had a look of impending snow and the trees were all dark with branches that looked like sticks. As I kept starring at the sky and the trees I wished at that moment that I had my camera… instead I heard myself saying am I like a naked winter tree that has been stripped of everything?
After sharing what I had written with LJN I was reminded that the tree still has its trunk, its roots are deeply rooted in the ground and the branches don’t have their leaves right now, but in their season they will come back. I still have a degree of mobility, my faith is deeply rooted in God and all of my leaves will come backLord willing!
Trish







John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Psalms 1:3 and he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Photos by Trish @ Through the Viewfinder

No comments: