Thursday, April 16, 2009

Total Reflection

May I learn how to be content with this infirmity that has come upon me ...
Finding peace and happiness and rejoicing in what my body can do today. I know that constantly thinking about what I could do physically as opposed to what I am able to do now must end.

Whatever has touched my brain and caused these changes to my body has truly left the doctors in a guessing game and leaving me to wonder… what will become of me? Lord I only ask that you stop any further damage from taking place inside of my brain.

As I am blessed to see each day come and go, may I find sheer delight in the fact that I can still recognize my Family, Friends and Neighbors! I petition you Lord to allow me to continue to know all of my loved ones until the day that you shall call me home.

And as I cease from languishing about how I use to be, may you grant me to continue to live in this changed body in a new way.

Lord, supply the strength that my family needs as we go through this together.

While I meditate and reflect on your word today, I am reminded of what your servant Paul said…Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Philippians 4:11 (King James Version)

May I also learn to be content whatever the circumstance. . .






















Photos by Trish @ Through the Viewfinder
Through the Viewfinder II
There is an Arm that never tires
When human strength gives way;
There is a Love that never fails
When earthly loves decay. -Wallace





No comments: