Monday, May 4, 2009

Renewal Time


I have always referred to myself as a “summer time girl” proclaiming that my favorite season is definitely summertime. I must say that as the earth has begun its transformation from winter to spring, I am beginning to feel as though springtime is my favorite season. Everywhere you look you can witness the earth’s clock beginning its renewal. One morning LJN and I found ourselves awakening to a bird chirping outside of our bedroom window… no alarm clock needed that morning. Twice now we have witnessed and unfortunately had to remove two birds nest that were beginning to be built on our home. And as I walked through my garden the other day to see what had made it through the winter, my heart skipped a beat to see and smell my pineapple mint, chocolate mint, Greek oregano, lavender, hosta, and other varieties of flowers pushing their way up out of the ground.

I thought to myself who told the birds to arrive and start chirping again outside my bedroom window and for the flowers and buds on the trees to bloom again… who told you to do that now? As I observed all of this, fully knowing the creator of this process I kept having a sense of everything being brand new, fresh and clean. A tremendous feeling of renewal was hovering in the air and I could not get enough of it. In witnessing the earths magnificent renewal I clearly understood why God gave us springtime, spring gives us a new energy, a new strength and enthusiasm for the warmer months to come. It is what I call a time to really breathe.

While the earth is renewing, may you also take the time to breathe, meditate and renew your life. Take a walk in the sunshine or after an April shower, I am sure you will be surprised at what you see and how different you will feel afterward… go ahead try it and see.


I now believe that spring is my favorite season…

Trish

Romans 1:20 (New International Version)

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.












Think of the number of trees and blades of grass and flowers, the extravagant wealth of beauty no one ever sees! Think of the sunrises and sunsets we never look at! God is lavish in every degree. – Oswald Chambers

Photos by Trish @ Through the Viewfinder
Through the Viewfinder II

No comments: