Saturday, November 8, 2008

Election Night…


On Tuesday night when the announcement came that Senator Barack Obama had won the election my husband took my hand and I kept saying thank you Lord! Then we just starred at each other and before we knew it tears began to run down our cheeks. Through our tears and emotions I heard my husband saying, "Martin Luther King took a bullet for this, John Kennedy and Bobby." I said to my son, "you can get back to college!" He raised his hands straight up in the air and said, "now I really feel that I have a future..… this is AWESOME!" He sat back down in his Dad’s chair turned to me and said I’ve got work to do. I thought to myself... hhmmm interesting!


The Audacity to Hope...


Earlier in the year our son attended a Barack Obama rally with us and he was truly moved by his message of change and hope, especially his stand on young people who truly wanted a college education… He heard Obama's offer to "extend a helping hand to your country and we will extend a helping hand back to you." Senator Obama’s message to never give up on your dreams, have the audacity to hope and believe that all things are possible really resonated with many young people. Those words of inspiration and hope could not have come at a better time for our son.
On Tuesday morning our son was the first one out of the house, he was heading to the polls to cast his vote before going to work. He has been working two jobs now and he has never whined or complained about his situation.
You see I became ill prior to the start of our son’s junior year in college. Many of you are familar with his situation and know that he could not attend school that year. I remember him coming to me later on and saying, "I am still young and no matter how long it takes I will complete my education."

Yes We Can!

Never give up on your dreams!
Believe that all things are possible!
With President Barack Obama in office his hopes and dreams have become so much brighter now.
Trish
Thank you for opening your eyes America!
Photos by Trish @ Through the Viewfinder
Football... Football... Football...

It may seem dark! But brighter days are coming!

Coaching...

Coaching...


Coaching...

And Coaching...
Oh how much you have grown up since you graduated from High School! We are confident that you will complete college and earn your degree in Sports Management... You've always had the right attitude!
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…
I am convinced that life is
10% what happens to me
And
90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes.
By Charles Swindol





" May he give you the desire of your heart and make your plans succeed." - Psalms 20:4

















































No comments: